As we raise our bilingual children, I have started to make note of the books we read and the things we have done along the way to help teach them Spanish as naturally as possible. One of these has been reading to them from a very young age, the womb. We read books in Spanish, bilingual books, or books in Spanish. The following books are all very special with the goal of sharing sweet little stories to create a connection with the Spanish language. I hope you enjoy this list just as much as we have. As the kids grow, these will become little treasures that will remind you of those times when your kids were so very little and were just beginning to learn the language.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support for Bilingual Mami, the Bilingual Homeschooler.
- You are my I Love You – Tú eres mi yo te quiero Easily readable English and Spanish side-by-side text.
- Besos for Baby – A Little Book of Kisses: Uses simple Spanish words to teach the Spanish language through love.
- La noche en que tu naciste – On The Night You Were Born: An account of the very special night the baby was born…
- I like it When…-Me gusta cuando: Great for teaching how to say I like this, I like that and using examples to explain why.
- This Little Piggy – Este Cochinito: This is a classic nursery rhyme in both English and Spanish.
- Pio – Peep!: A collection of traditional nursery rhymes. *Must* have, start reading nursery rhymes in Spanish from an early age to build literacy skills in Spanish.
- Siempre te querré: An absolute favorite in Spanish. We LOVE this book, my children prefer it in Spanish.
- I Love You Through and Through – Te quiero, yo te quiero:
- Te amo, te abrazo, leo contigo – I Love You, Hug You, Read to You: The three things the reader promises to do.
- Huggy, Kissy – Abrazos y besitos: So cute!!! Your child will love this one!
What books do you like to read in Spanish with your younger ones?
Cuéntame, tell me in the comments below!