As huge soccer / futbol fans, the World Cup is quite the occasion. I cannot pass on the opportunity to watch great games with the best players around the world while learning facts and geography of the different countries that will be represented.
Jamie Martin’s book Give Your Child the World is a wonderful resource to have in your homeschool! It is a book with curated book lists of the best books to read for different countries and zones around the world. I love having this book in my teacher’s library!
You might also like to check this post:
My goals are pretty simple:
- Watch games (yay!)
- Learn the basics of soccer
- Learn the location of the country (what continent is it in?)
- Learn the capital city of the country
- Famous landmark
- Language spoken and listen to a video on YouTube with simple phrases in said language
- What would you add to the list?
Since World Cup 2018 will be held in Russia, we are going to read a couple of picture books about Russia.
These are the picture books on Russia that I am requesting from our local library.
Creating Onion Domes – this website has an easy tutorial
What ideas do you have to include the World Cup 2018 in your homeschool / readings / summer plans?